Your personal data controller is Balcia Insurance SE (we, Balcia), registered in Latvia with the registration number 40003159840, legal address Krisjana Valdemara Street 63, Riga, LV-1010, Latvia.
If you have any questions related with personal data processing done by Balcia, you can contact our data protection officer by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why do we process your personal data?
We process your personal data when it is necessary for:
- your identification;
- the performance of contract to which you are a party;
- compliance with a legal obligation to which Balcia is subject, for example, compliance with the requirements set forth in tax regulatory enactments etc.;
- the purposes of the legitimate interests of Balcia, for example, provision of services, legal proceedings, debt collecting, preventing fraud and other illegal actions etc.;
- contacting you in relation with the contract to which you are a party, our services or marketing purposes, when we have a lawful basis (legitimate interest or your consent);
- specific purposes you have given your consent to, for example, for direct marketing purposes, improvement of our services and website, giving your review on our services, as well as for other lawful purposes etc.
What personal data do we process?
By personal data we understand any information that allows us to directly or indirectly identify you (the data subject), for example, name, identification number, location data, online identifier or one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity.
We might process the following categories of personal data (the list is not exhaustive):
- information which identifies you as a client (name, surname, personal identification code or date of birth, address, email, phone number);
- data about your contracts;
- financial data (bank account number, information about the payer etc.);
- communication (correspondence with Balcia, online chat communication records, if any etc.);
- information about using the website (information about your activity on the website, setting preferences, links you have clicked on etc.).
We receive personal data directly from you (our client) when you apply for our services on our webpage www.balciaresidence.com or from third party service providers when you apply for our services through third party services.
Why do you have to provide your personal data to us?
We ask you to provide your personal information to help you make your reservations and to ensure the best possible service we can, if you don’t provide your personal data, we will not be able to provide our services to you.
With whom do we share your personal data?
- In cases and to the extent specified by law we might transfer your personal to persons or institutions duly authorized by law, for example, law enforcement institutions.
- In cases when it is necessary for the performance of the contract, debt collection, legal proceedings, for example, we might transfer your personal data to third parties, such as experts, lawyers, debt collectors, third party service providers you are using to book our services etc. in accordance with regulatory enactments and our legitimate interests.
- We might use authorised processors for processing of your personal data related to provision of our services, for example, postal services, services of archiving, translators, legal consultants, marketing partners, third party service providers, etc. In such cases, we ensure that such processors provide sufficient guarantees to implement appropriate technical and organisational measures in such a manner that processing meets the requirements of the applicable law, including General Data Protection Regulation, and ensure the protection of the rights of the data subjects.
For how long will we process your personal data?
Your personal data will be processed no longer than necessary. The data storing period may depend on the concluded contract, the legitimate interest of Balcia or the applicable law (for example, civil liability period specified in regulatory enactments, civil law, bookkeeping regulatory enactments etc.).
In cases, when you terminate the contract, refuse from our services, we might have to continue storing your personal data for the reason that in the future some claims might arise, therefore we will continue storing your personal data until the data storage period expires.
In cases when you withdraw your consent where you have provided it, in cases where it is necessary for our legitimate interests, we might continue processing your personal data we have collected during the period when your consent was valid until the data storage period expires if we have a lawful basis for such processing.
For processing of your personal data, we have implemented appropriate organizational and technical security measures to guarantee personal data security, including protection against unauthorized or unlawful personal data processing, accidental loss or destruction of personal data.
What are Your rights as a data subject?
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation, as a data subject you have the right to:
- request from Balcia access to personal data. This means that you can request for us to inform you whether we process your personal data, provide you with a copy of your personal data we process, provide information about your personal data processed by us (for example, what data about you and for what purposes we collect, to whom we disclose your personal data, whether we transfer this data outside the European Union and other information);
- request from Balcia rectification of personal data. This means that if you see that personal data we collect about you is incorrect or inaccurate, you can request us to rectify or supplement such data;
- request from Balcia erasure of personal data. This means that you can request from us to delete your personal data in cases when this data is no longer necessary for the purposes it was collected for, when you have withdrawn your consent, when you object to processing of your personal data by us, when you believe we process your personal data unlawfully, and other cases. In some cases, we will not be obliged to delete your personal data, for example, when such processing is required by the applicable regulatory enactments or for the purposes for defending legal claims.
- request from Balcia restriction of processing concerning your personal data. This means that you can request us to restrict the processing of your personal data, except for storage, in cases you contest the accuracy of your personal data, you believe your personal data is being processed unlawfully, your personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes it was collected for, you object to processing of your personal data until it is checked, whether our legitimate reasons override your reasons. During the period of the restriction of processing of your personal data, we might not be able to provide you our services;
- object to processing of your personal data. This means that you can object on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to the processing of your personal data which is based on your consent or our legitimate interests. In such cases, we might not be able to provide you our services;
- data portability. This means that you can request us to provide personal data related to you which you have provided to us in a systematized, normally used and machine readable format, you can also request us to transfer your personal data to another data controller where it is technically feasible if the processing has been based on your consent or the contract and processing is carried out by automated means.
You can exercise your rights as a data subject by contacting us in writing using contact information mentioned above.
How to submit a Complaint to supervisory authority?
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement if you consider that the processing of personal data relating to you infringes requirements of General Data Protection Regulation. You can find the relevant data protection authority on the website of the European Data Protection Board.